by Andrea Boscaro founder of The Vortex
As Mark Zuckerberg named it, Facebook – and its parallel apps like Instagram and WhatsApp – is becoming the social operating system of our digital life and the more we are capable of using it also as a search tool the more information will be more abundant and available for professional use, even before than for a corporate use.
Facebook Graph Search must be activated by setting language in the English (US) version: after this, the search box on top of the page will be available in the “Search Facebook” version and will make it possible to browse deep information on pages, groups and other Facebook environments. As an example, it will be possible to sort out who the likers of a specific pages are, from what cities, with what preferences: benchmarking of the competition could therefore be carried also to get important inputs for the content to publish on proprietary pages.
Facebook Graph Search and the related listening and searching strategies are useful opportunities to be caught particularly by individuals and professionals so as to let them make use of social platforms: the appropriate behaviour is in fact only partially a communication task and much more a listening and relationship environment. Features that should be more known on Facebeook let as an example:
– group pages and personal profiles into interest lists not to lose any relevant post from them;
– by clicking in the menu on top of every post, save articles so as to read it later with more ease.
Twitter, Linkedin and other social media are also listening tools where it is possible:
– make queries from the search box and save them so as to stay up-to-date on the topic by simpling tapping on it everytime Twitter is accessed;
– create lists of relevant following accounts;
– follow clients and relevant people on Linkedin and browse carefully timeline searching for interesting news as well as professional updates;
– use rss feeds and mobile apps like Flipboard and Pulse;
With all these tools and possibilities, social media can be used as relationship environments where clients and business connections can be engaged on a professional and personal level by sharing information and experiences, participating into conversations and being updated on careers and interesting news. Social media are like conferences and trade shows where constant connection is an important opportunity for younger professionals as well as senior executives.
Source: The Vortex