The holidays are done. The presents have been given and returned. The food has been feasted upon. And the marketing budgets for the holiday season have swelled and been spent.
This means it’s that time of year again where we look back at the Marin Global Online Advertising Index – consisting primarily of large marketers who spend $1 million+ annually across search, display, social, and mobile – to understand device and platform performance over the past quarter.
- Understanding and using search intent data can lead to cost efficiencies.
- Conversion attribution on mobile devices continues to be a sticking point for advertisers.
- Mobile marketing performance metrics are close to reaching parity with desktop performance.
The inexorable march toward a smartphone-dominant world continues as, once again, smartphone usage increased quarter-over-quarter across all channels. Consumers are now buying and using mobile devices more than ever. The numbers speak for themselves:
- Mobile drives over 50% of all social activity.
- Mobile has surpassed desktop in Internet usage, with smartphones and tablets accounting for 60% of consumers’ time spent online.
- The shift toward mobile is largely driven by a younger demographic. A September 2014 report by Millennial Media revealed that 70% of adults aged 18 to 24 viewed retail content from a mobile device.
Source: Search Engine Land