On next Thursday, the 11th of July, JMA Wireless, in collaboration with ART-ER and the Emilia-Romagna Region, will present an absolute preview of its 5G solution specifically designed for in-building, enterprise and factory scenarios: the first solution in the world to use 5G millimeter-wave technology for this type of applications.
Focus to in-building coverage grows up from the fact that around 80% of mobile communications already takes place in buildings, stadiums, airports, subways, etc. Furthermore, 5G will allow the development of innovative use cases in environments that have been poorly explored by mobile communications so far, particularly in the world of industrial production.This will radically change the appearance of the factory of the future, raising the need for technologies that allow the creation of top quality radio coverage in indoor environment, with high levels of pervasiveness and reliability.
JMA Wireless 5G solution has been designed to meet these requirements, and consists of two main elements:
1. the base band unit, based on the XRAN platform, the only one in the world with a 100% software 4G stack, currently operating in commercial networks and developed entirely by the R&D sector of JMA Wireless in Castel San Pietro Terme;
2. the millimeter-wave radio unit, designed and built by the JMA Wireless project team based in U.S.A. , first in the world for in-building applications.
The combination of these technologies and skills has led to the development of a 5G product that will be positioned on both the American and European (Italy as first) markets.
The “5G … NOW!” event will take place at the JMA Podium at the “Comella” country house in Castel San Pietro Terme (BO) and will be held with the following program:
17:30 Guests registration
18:00 Welcome and institutional greetings
- Remo Ricci, CEO JMA Teko
- Benjamin V. Wohlauer, U.S.A. General Consul
- Stefano Bonaccini, President of Regione Emilia Romagna
19:00 5G solution by JMA Wireless presentation
- Gilberto Brizzi, Product Marketing Director
19:15 Established partnerships as key factors for product development
- Elisabetta Romano, CTIO TIM
- Luca Capozucca, Responsible for innovation and new technologies, Inwit
- Pat Mead, Communications Sales Lead in the Network and Custom Logic Group, INTEL
- Dez O’Connor, Business Development Manager, CISCO
- Ian Welham, iB Wave
19:45 Final remarks and greetings
- Remo Ricci, CEO JMA Teko
20:00: Buffet dinner and music
Click here to learn how to get to Via Emilia Levante, 800 Castel San Pietro Terme.
For information on participation and press accreditation write to: email@example.com – 06/85304317